Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Sunday 19 April 2020

Bushes and Lamposts

The Zinnfiguren horse moulds come with a terrain piece. In the case of the Hussar it was a lampost, the Uhlan horse has a flat bush.

Simple models with a quick spray of paint, one extra piece of detail colour each then spray varnish - very toy soldier. I'll probably try a couple of different greens before I find one I like for the lampost.

The bush is a better scale fit than the lampost - which should do quite well with 28mm scale figures. However, they should both be very useful figures - and I'll probably do more bushes than horses eventually!








8 comments:

  1. I really like that sort of terrain. I have some semi flat animals, trees and bushes and a Swiss chalet. Yours look just the ticket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I - I've been quietly buying a few of the old lead Britains style flat hedges and these fit quite nicely. Might top it up with a couple of Irregular trees as well.

      Delete
  2. Excellent I do like semi - flat terrain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flats/semi flats I have a soft spot for from looking at old Tony Bath figures - don't have any because I doubt my ability to paint them.

      Delete
  3. I have seen some imaginative repainting of these bushes into explosions, when you get bored of fighting in shrubberies or laying out the military garden in neat rows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep meaning to paint some of the bushes but have yet to get to it. I have one section of paint with sign post that I painted up and used but I don't remember when I last saw it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assume that's the walking horse mould I didn't buy because I thought the bush was more use! The bushes were so quick to 'paint' - sprayed white undercoat, sprayed green, painted in the woody bits, sprayed with varnish!

      Delete