Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Wednesday 1 April 2020

Some 42mm Prussians

Being the first painted figures from those Zinnfiguren moulds I bought a while back.
Two units plus a couple of extra officers

Not the best figures in the world, but effective and they look OK.
I'm seriously thinking about buying a load more of these moulds - not really economically practical but I like to have figures that I cast myself rather than bought figures. I can live with the poorly defined rifles etc...

Update on that - went on to the website and found that since yesterday some of the moulds I wanted were being offered cheaper in their fleamarket area. So I've bought some...

12 comments:

  1. They nevertheless have a certain charm to them. Imagine how delicious they'd look in a Charge-sized regiment of 60 or so with a mounted officer and several drummers. Oh. I shouldn't have excited myself like that. I need to sit down until the spell passes.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please don't put thoughts like that into my head. Original intention was, at most, couple of dozen figures a side. Think I'd know better by now.

      Delete
  2. I like the look of them. I have some these molds but haven't organize myself enough to cast many. Not economical at all but there is something about casting your own sort of like milling your own flour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of the moulds/figures have better detail than others. The marching figures are amongst the weakest ones in the range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But a lot easier to cast than the firing ones!

      Delete
    2. I don't know, I had a hard time getting a full rifle on the marching fellows.

      Delete
    3. Rifles are a bit scrappy but mostly work OK - on the the other hand, firing figures I think about 1 in 4 works.

      Delete
  4. Lovely figures, you have done them justice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those models have a great deal of charm and they look just the ticket! Good job you got that melting pot working because you're going to be busy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, bought 2 lots of 5kg metal this year... should have just gone back to my old supplier and got my norma commercial 25kg lot...

      Delete