Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Friday 31 July 2020

A sniping exercise.

The parcel arrived a day early...

I noticed a batch of HO houses on ebay - 31 of the things plus a broken one. At the time it was £19 with £7 postage and going up in £1 increments... so I thought it was worth watching. 8 seconds before the auction ending I put in a maximum bid for about half of what I thought it was worth - and got it.
It was a large box.

31 buildings of variable quality in total.

I think this church is the star.

A couple of other buildings are in the same style.

A few buildings can be put together as terraces.

Others are more chalet style.

Or even have garden fences.

Oh yes... the 31 excludes a broken but repairble one!
So that's the haul. If you reckon than ebay buildings like this usually have an average price tag of £5 or more each it means the whole lot would normally be about £150 - excluding postage. For this lot, postage was £7, the buildings themselves cost...£26!!!







4 comments:

  1. Terrific buy, I look forward to seeing them in action...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I think that's putting it mildly - roughly a fifth or less than I would normally have expected to pay for them.

      Delete