Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 27 July 2020

Corps XIII, the Caspians.

Or Corps XV,  the Pactyans, XVI Utians and Mycians and XVII Paricanians. So the possibilty of 4 separate units...
Early Persian types, patterned tunics.

Should probably have patterned cloak and trousers but that seemed a bit overkill so left them plain. Other units I'll start seeing how it looks...
One thing I think I will do is do some of these on 3Bw bases rather than Ps.

One strange aside... for the last few the followers gadget doesn't seem to have been working and I couldn't find out why. Suddenly it's back...

6 comments:

  1. Great looking figures, which one is the Prince btw?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I never thought of that one...

      Delete
  2. Another very colourful unit Rob...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. The general wish these days is simple but effective - my days of shading, highlighting and outlining are, sadly, past. Colouful I can still do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do look the part.

    Its going to take some time to march this Persian army across the Hellespont but it'd be a grand parade to watch go by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I've finished a few more units I'll do one of my reviews - but probably only a couple of bases per Corps... a 3 base frontage of 30 infantry Corps would be 5.4 metres, cutting it to a 1 base base frontage 1.8 metres - still 6' - and that excludes cavalry and marine units...

      Delete