Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Sunday 5 July 2020

Corps XIV Sarangian Bowman.

Mounted archer rebased as an infantry archer.
For some reason I did an extra element.

I don't usually decorate the trousers these days but made the effort this time!

On the other hand I left the officer's shield and bowcases plain.

I've also based the Scythians and Milyae. Bases shorteage over for now.
Originally I was going to put these on thelatest mould - however, it was easy enough to do this unit and I already have three other Persian archer figures anyway. The spaces have been given back to the Milyae.

4 comments:

  1. The look great!

    ....But how are you going to feed this huge host?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly they don't eat much. On the other hand, being metal they're very heavy - it's proving difficult to get that bridge across the Hellespont strong enough. Three of the things have collapsed (sunk?) so far.

      Delete
  2. Well worth the effort,the figures and their trousers look great. Do you use Mdf bases btw?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use 2mm mdf bases - they're easy to get of ebay, a lot better than corn flakes packets or beer mats and saves me the job of cutting things to size. As for the figures, I've produced a number of different figures by simply converting cavalrymen - and this one is nicer than the original Garrison archer!

      Delete