Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Wednesday 15 July 2020

Back on track? - LATE Achaemenid cavalry

Having been distracted from Napoleonics to late Achaemenids to early Achaemenids I'm now (temporarily?) partially back on track with a unit of late light cavalry...
I've based the colour scheme on 'The Persian Army 560-330BC' by Sekunda and Chew.

The Sekunda book has the Persian 'regulars' wearing a yellow hood; I went for red. 'Based on'. I'll probably do a mix of colour schemes (including yellow hoods) on these to suggest regular/line units and levies.

Overall, colours work well. It isn't often I use yellow as it tends to have very poor covering power.

6 comments:

  1. Nice unit - they have so much life to them they almost look as if they're moving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The figure they were initially converted from was one of my favourites and has spawned a number of decent infantry and cavalry - Garrison figures generally seem to have good conversion potential.

      Delete
  2. These chaps look great. Good colour choice and the geometric banner works really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think I'll be painting quite a few Persians in that yellow/blue/purple combination in the future.

      Delete
  3. Great movement Rob. I do like the colour scheme, well done.

    ReplyDelete