Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Sunday 14 February 2021

Newhaven, February 2021

 This post is mainly to let me see where everything should be in the future! Photos on my previous setup weren't as clear as I would have liked. I haven't put these in any set order - just did a load of photos, uploaded them then put captions on. So they tend to jump around a bit.

I should probably have posted this before 'A disturbance in the Aether', but then that wouldn't have had the same effect.

General view down Church Street. This photo shows the 'extension'  that I managed due to having a bigger table. The tenements have been 'borrowed' from elsewhere.

A view from the other end showing the warehouse area at the bottom of the picture.

Another general view showing the relative positions of the two churchs on Church Street.

A general view from the other side of the town where it sort of peters out. Brewery next to the police station. It's only when I looked at the photos I realised that the roof is lifting a bit on the brewery! The brewery itself should be opposite the warehouse with tenements between the University and the brewery. With a bit of tidying up I should be able to extend this end a bit more! I have a few buildings lying around that need making up.

A view of St Catherine's Church next to the graveyard with the tenements and other church in the background. St Catherine's gets it's name because when we go to Salute the hotel we use is next to St Catherine's Dock on the Thames - so makes sense to call this area St Catherines!

Pretty much a random view... 'new' tenements, St Catherine's behind and river on the left.

New tenements with 'new' church in background.

View of the park with the University in the background.

View of the diner, then police station, then brewery showing their position in relation to the park and University.

Just a view of the brewery and University.

A view of the main tenement block. Beginning to run out of other things to say!

And a final view down the length of the town.

I have to admit, I had forgotton how impressive Newhaven actually is when set out!

2 comments:

  1. It is a magnificent town! I had been wondering where all the people went, then I read the previous post....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly underused... over four years since I actually ran anything in Newhaven itself! Seems ridiculous...

      Delete