Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Tuesday 9 February 2021

Steven's Ottoman Turks

On another blog a short while ago I mentioned that my son Steven had painted an army of Ottoman Turks and agreed to look it up and post it on my blog.

This is it. Not sure how old he was when painted these - somewhere between the ages of 10 and 14?!!

To be honest, can't remember where all these figures are from. At least some were ones I already had for my own use but didn't get round to it.

 



The general. Not sure of the manufacturer...

The heavies...

Assorted lighter types...

These are the only ones I had already painted.

Some of the Guard regiments - Janissaries etc.

And a close up of some of the artillery pieces.


8 comments:

  1. That's a highly impressive force. Wish I could get my lads to paint figures... they've done some and made an excellent job of it, but don't have the interest sadly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He still goes to conventions and is currently painting up some 'Cats of Crumptown' from https://www.northumbriantinsoldier.com/product-category/cats-crumptown-miniatures/ - so he still interested!

      Delete
  2. Great Ottomans and I am pleased to hear that your son is involved in the hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!

    I recognize some of the horses as Hinchliffe but not any of the humans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least one artilleey crew is Irregular, some cavalry Hinchliffe, rest no idea!

      Delete
  4. A great looking army Rob...
    My first ‘proper’ wargames army were the Ottoman Turks.... they are very pretty although they didn’t do too well in the club competitions...all the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Steven looks on it as an early effort that he would rather forget about! I don't think he ever actually used it in action.

      Delete