Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 24 May 2021

Been in the attic 1 - the fort

Basically, know I've got loads of Airfix and Matchbox Japanese lying around so thought I'd have a mooch in the attic to see if I could find them. Didn't but 'found' lots of other things... 

And to start off:

Don't know when I made this matchstick fort. Quite a while ago.

Of course, one advantage of just using natural wood to make a wooden fort is that you can get away with not painting it!

The one problem with the fort is pretty clear from this view. As the walls dried they sort of bent... so there is a definite 'not straight' look about the walls!

Hasn't been used in years but two things are obvious: Must use it, must make more of my own forts.

5 comments:

  1. Fort looks great. The 'bent' look adds character and does not detract from it at all, I reckon. In fact, adds a 'frontier' look to it!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was part of a learning curve - and is useable so it works.

      Delete
  2. Great find, l look forward to seeing in in a battle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strictly speaking, not a 'find' as I always knew it was there - but certainly intend using it. Some day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete