Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Tuesday 11 May 2021

Sparta! Early hoplites G3

 Between not doing a lot of painting recently and the amount of time it takes to do large units of G3 this lot have been a long time coming!

I realised that, although I had two G3 Spartan units already, they were both 24 figure units. So I decided to do this lot as a 1x48 or 2x24 figure unit.

I painted the Lamda insignia as a plain inverted V instead of outlining it in white.

I've also based the last G3 unit. The Tetrion is a slightly different green - difficult to mix exact shades so I only make limited attempts at trying!

Must admit, the more I see of this shield pattern the more I like it.


4 comments:

  1. You are a painting machine Rob...
    Some fine new units...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I can usually paint about 25 figures a week depending on how much work each involves.

      Delete
  2. These are marvellous. I especially like that purple plume on the second unit. You did a marvellous job on the shields of both, but especially the second one.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete