Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Friday 21 May 2021

Japanese Type 98 Tank

 This just about completes my Interwar Japanese tank 'needs', though haven't got any of one I want - my first Japanese 'tank' was a converted Type 92 tankette following the Airfix magazine article of long ago (must dig that out sometime - still got it!

Must admit I prefer this colour scheme with strictly limited amounts of yellow. Still not very good on the flag insignia.

As with all Frontline tanks, basic and the odd bit snaps off, but they are fine for wargaming, easy to put together and cost half as much as many other companies!

Currently working on the second EWM infantry squad. I've got one more but it has separate heads - not liked by me! For the future, I've put in what might be my last 'big' order for a while - German WW1 infantry to act as Interwar Freikorps, few other infantry supports and artillery, plus the Frontline bridge - wanted something like that for a while, both for WW2 type battles and Newhaven.

5 comments:

  1. Good looking tanks. A fine job on the camouflage.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.It is, I think, one of the best looking camouflage schemes I've used so far.

      Delete
  2. Can you say tanks are pretty?... well these are 😁

    I remember that Airfix Magazine article... I tried it myself... I used to use cardboard instead of plastic card... at the time I thought it came out rather well...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty fits. If I can find those articles think I'll post them under the 'fair use' and 'educational' headings. Thinking back I used to have Priests, Stalin 2s, Pz3s, SAS jeeps... all gone...

      Delete
    2. Oh, not forgetting all those Bren carrier conversions!

      Delete