Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 24 May 2021

Been in the attic 2 - Bellona

 More things I should be using - though they need a bit of work.

A couple are unassembled/unpainted.
 
The others have been sprayed earth. This fort is U-D12, Ancient hill fort. Now painted...

U-D10 is a Roman marching fort. A second one of these is hiding beneath the unpainted hill fort.

I have one sheet of the palisades and gates for the marching fort but think I'll try something a bit more substantial than these vacu-formed pieces.

Finally I have an example of U-D13, an American civil war log fort. This piece is missing it's log cabin.
And this is the quickly painted hill, fort!

Time was I had quite a bit of bellona - still got a few pieces lying around - let's face, when Bellona came out there wasn't much else!

8 comments:

  1. I had some of their WW1 trench systems years ago .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apart from this lot mine were mainly WW2 gun emplacements and walls - think I had the bridge as well.

      Delete
  2. Very nostalgic post!
    Enjoy your blog, have just learnt how to googl E comment.
    Bit steam age me, csn.t cope with tech!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the jap. Conversions, still got hundreds of Airfix mags, from 1962 onwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine go back to about 1963, though ones before about 65 were back issues bought for the conversion articles.

      Delete
  4. I love the hill fort in particular. I don't think I've seen that one before. Most of the Belllona I had was inherited from my older brother, and mainly bomb craters and
    The like.

    ReplyDelete