Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Tuesday 16 November 2021

Sassanid size comparison

 Some time ago I was asked how compatible Garrison Sassanids were with Lamming and Hinchliffe. Well, finally got round to sorting it.

First, though, just to mention I've finished my second Garrison unit. At the moment I'm working on a load of 'S' Range one piece castings.

So this is the comparison. Garrison, then Lamming, then Hinchliffe. As their Konti are not integral I've chopped their tops off. As can be seen they are all compatible though the Lamming rider is a bit shorter.

As I've mentioned before Garrison did produce masters for a 20(ish)mm Sassanid clibinarius. The horse of this is more or less compatible with the final 25mm horse, but the rider is much smaller.


9 comments:

  1. The Lamming may be the same height but they look much wider, bigger heads etc!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Differences are more apparent than real. Same height, same length, main difference Garrison head is being held proud whereas the others are tucked in. The Lamming horse is slightly wider but not to any major extent - I suspect that with a little effort the Garrison riders should fit on the Lamming horse.

      Delete
  2. I always loved the Garrison Cilibarnani, I had some in my early Persian army. Totally unhistorical but who knew back in the early 1970's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, few slight differences to actual Sassanids, but then...

      Delete
  3. I do like those Garrison Clibanarii I might have to pester you for some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK But you might have a wait if you do! Can't see me doing any major casting now until after Christmas.

      Delete
  4. Nice to see them side by side - the later Lamming figures have an anatomy all of their own don't they!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always thought of them as being very similar to Garrison. Now later Minifigs horses!

      Delete
    2. Though to be fair a lot heavier built.

      Delete