Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 28 November 2022

A Cataplanan standard bearer

 A new one... the standard tends to snap at the base. That happened to my other one, they don't cast well so when I got some to cast OK I snapped at the chance!

SS26 Aquiland mounted standard bearer painted as Cataplana standard bearer.

Cataplana is roughly related to Portugal as regards colours/myths/etc.

The strange looking cockerel motif  is pure Portugese...

I've got quite a few I bought over there... They make useful additions to the army. My son Steven recognised that they are also the symbol for Nando's - I hadn't noticed it!

My original standard bearer. As you can see, it needed some work!

 
Another component of a Cataplanan army are Griffons. There are still one or two colonies left in Portugal though rarely seen Useful as fliers, especially as they would probably have been more common in the past.

10 comments:

  1. He looks great!
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot about this range Rob, they would be perfect for my Lion Rampant army.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would, you just know that they would!

      Delete
  3. Don't TEMPT ME! I still have a small hoard of Scots and English in the queue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me peckish just looking at them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does give a scary meaning to being hen pecked.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you. The unit to go with it is on the painting table now - hoping to get it finished before the tree goes up and stops further painting!

      Delete