Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 5 December 2022

Cataplana Guard Cavalry

Not exactly replacements, just extras with an undamaged standard.

 
They seem to have turned out OK - the basic orange/green with yellow cloaks works better than I expected. On this unit, the helmet crest is a green dragon - next unit I'll probably do either a red or orange dragon!

Not sure why I painted eyes on the king. I don't usually, except for the Admins figures I've been painting. They don't look bad on the figure - certainly better than on the photos!

Anyway, that unit represents the last painting session of the year. The tree goes up soon covering my painting desk.

Other news, I sent a couple of 12" moulds to Pete Brown (the Mouldmaker) in Nottingham by 1st Class 24hr Tracked... hopefully so that he can cast the figures off  them them and put some of them on 9" moulds so I can cast them. Current Tracking situation for this 24hr delivery service? See below!

Tuesday 29 November 2022
03:35
Item Received
Sheffield MC
Monday 28 November 2022
18:39
Item Received
Peterborough MC
Saturday 26 November 2022
13:05
Item Collected
Wisbech DO
Thursday 24 November 2022
22:14
Sender despatching item

 

16 comments:

  1. A lovely unit full of colour and determination.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. A bit brighter than my usual schemes, but it does seem to work.

      Delete
  2. I do like these! (Bright bright colours and all).

    There is one of those standardbears with a broken shaft in my fix and paint pile, good thing he has a full helm so I won't have to paint him in white hair when I finally get to him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are nice but can be a bit fragile.

      Delete
    2. Thankfully the last couple posted arrived intact, he is a classic figure!

      Delete
    3. I have repaired a couple, the first was photographed for the lost Wiki site. I put him together, thin pin vice and wire, and sent the photo with the standard rear. However I was sure that the standard should hang forwards, so re did him. Both look good.

      Delete
  3. These are lovely figures Rob and just what I need for my Lion Rampant nostalgic force.If you cast some more please get in touch so that I can buy a unit.Well done,

    ReplyDelete
  4. The figure on the rearing horse is a gem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The S&S Range are generally nice wargaming figures.

      Delete
  5. Fantastic, I much prefer the older figure sculpting, have been buying for 50 years, so pretty mixed assortment of makers styles etc. But have to say, Old is the best for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same with me. Much better!

      Delete
    2. Thanks to Rob I am now approaching some useable wargames armies based on the Royal Armies of the Hyborian Age. The figures are a joy to paint with oooozing so much nostalgia, although my 70s paint jobs have been stripped.

      Delete
  6. Great stuff and I shall shamelessly steal the Cockrill for the shield for one of the chaps currently on the panzer painting trolly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look the business Rob…
    I love the colour scheme.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete