Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Tuesday 13 December 2022

Garrison ACW illustrated 'catalogue' on Pages

One thing about the Christmas tree covering my painting desk stopping me painting, not casting and it being a bit cold to set up battles (even with a heater) is that it leaves time for other things. Like getting a load of pictures online. So, ACW Union and Confederates, the whole range apart from artillery and carts has now been put on Pages;

Sadly, only a few are of painted figures. Most are of very old unpainted masters

 
The painted ones are factory painted figures that originally came with Garrison.

Union and Confederate figures each have their own post.

6 comments:

  1. These were some of my favourite figures, never did get the armies finished though.😔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally tend to use my Rose 20mm figures - smaller, less detail, look OK - though cavalry aren't much good! Might do some of these later though - but as French or Peruvians or something!

      Delete
  2. Are these 25's? I don't remember them in the wargaming section of my (Greenwood & Ball) catalogue c 73? 74? Just curious. I've 'done' ACW in 22mm, 15mm and 54mm, and having chosen the first after 50 years of trials.....have no interest in another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are 25s - they appear in the 90s SKT catalogue but not the early Garrison catalogues. If I had to guess I would say late 70s - after that Greenwood and Ball seem to have concentrated on 15mm figures (I don't have them!) rather than 25mm, but I can't pretend that's any more than an educated guess!

      Delete
  3. Im currently waiting delivery of the two Garrison catalogues that I bought on E Bay. Really looking forward to drooling over the pages, sad really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all sad. Quite logical response really.

      Delete