Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Friday 16 December 2022

Garrison Vikings

I'm starting on a few ranges where I already have some photos, including some that are already painted, so these will be more of a 'work in progress' as far as pictures go. The Vikings, however, are complete though not painted!

 

V01 Chief

 

V02 Standard bearer

V03 Horn blower

 

V04 Armoured spearman attacking

V05 Medium spearman advancing

 

V06 Armoured warrior with two handed axe

 

V07 Armoured warrior with axe and shield

V08 Swordsman attacking


V09 Berseker wielding 2 swords. I keep meaning to paint one of these up and use him as a Conan clone!

V10 Unarmoured archer


V11 Armoured warrior wielding hammer - good potential as Thor!

V12 Uarmoured javelinman

VC1 Mounted warrior (as V4)

VC2 Mounted chief

3 comments:

  1. Another old favourite. I always thought the sculpting and casting of these were very classy for their time. They still have some of my favourite helmeted Viking heads of any range. Alas, costume wise they are rather "romantic" with mighty thewed bare arms and much fur everywhere. Still make a good fantasy Viking warband, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I much prefer them to the S&S Range 'equivalents'.

      Delete
  2. Years ago I had an entire WRG 6th Edition Viking army using these figures.

    ReplyDelete