Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 12 December 2022

Garrison ACW Mounted figures, including generals

 This is another part of the consolidation process. Generally, Garrison figures from a particular range were spread across lots of moulds - not easy to cast! Not sure whether the infantry will follow on new moulds, have to see - I've got masters for all of them, though a couple of the Confederate artillery seem to be the same figure as the corresponding Union figures. What I do intend to do is photograph the whole range and put them on Pages - update, Union infantry and cavalry have been.

These are the figures as they could fit on a new mould - obviously  Pete will fit them differently to this! Not sure when this lot will be sent off, may even do it in January.

The Confederate mounted figures. Note CCWS2, listed as Robert E Lee. That's how it's identified on the box, personally don't believe it, not with that cigar hanging from it's mouth... I'll probably do a bit of  'reidentifying' on this one!

CCWS1 Mounted Colonel. Note all the figures have been put on the Colonel's/General's horse because ...(see last entry!)

CCWC2 Officer

Listed as CCWS2, Robert E Lee. Don't believe it - to me it has to be Grant! Which is UCWS2.

CCWC1 Trooper with sabre

CCWC3 Standard bearer

CCWC4 Trumpeter

The Union mounted troops. Note 'UCWS2' -I'm going to call that CCWS2 Robert E Lee in future because I think it has been misidentified in the past!

UCWC1 Trooper with sabre.

UCWC2 Officer

UCWC3 Standard bearer

UCWC4  Trumpeter

UWS1 Colonel mounted

UCWS2 General Grant mounted. Except as far as I'm concerned (and will describe it in future) CCWS2 Robert E Lee.  



Now for the silly bit. It was after I'm photographed all the figures on the officer's horse (actually the horse for CCWS1,2, UCWS 1, 2) that I realised I had the box of Masters on the table... so could have used the 'correct horses... These are, in order, Horses 1,2,3 and 4. A couple of them are a bit damaged.















2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the renaming of the Lee/Grant figures - makes sense to me too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As time goes on I expect to be 'renaming' a number of figures across a few ranges.

      Delete