Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Thursday 15 December 2022

Garrison Medieval infantry

 Finished with doing the ACW Range, time for the Medievals...

For this post I've just put the pictures on in a batch. When I put them in Posts, I'll do them individually.

Reason? Blogger just mixes everything up so you have to. The 2 xbow figures are ME12 and 13...

Again, pictures are of the of the original masters...



















All the infantry were put on new master moulds.

However, it took 2 moulds for the infantry - with room for the unbarded horses. The extra figure is a 20mm Macedonian phalangite conversion...

Some of them are on new production moulds - 4 sets of three, though a lot are still on old moulds.

9 comments:

  1. Those figures take me back into the mists of time !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me, they are 'modern'! That's a thing when you mostly collect the Garrison '20mm' ranges.

      Delete
  2. The ones used in the Charles Grant medieval Wargame article in the Military Modelling Annual circa 1974! Looking good after all these years. Charming, full of character.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realise they were that early - I need to get some later G&B catalogues!

      Delete
    2. MM Annual No. 1. Charles Grant obviously bought a selection for skirmish gaming . The article is interesting as the fullest notes on Grant's medieval skirmish rules.

      Delete
  3. I always liked this range Rob, especially the foot knights, well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can see me adding a few of them, initially to one of the Fantasy armiers - though I already use the crossbows.

      Delete
  4. I also have a soft spot for them, and some of the foot knights are still in frontline service. Incidentally, Rob, I thought I'd seen, if not owned, the whole range yet the spearman with (I think) pavise is new to me. So thanks for documenting these.

    ReplyDelete