Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 5 February 2024

A Cyberman army

 

Nice and easy, undercoated grey, painted over with natural steel, base olive green then gloss varnish over the lot.I've now got the 3 x 16 man units I said at the beginning was my target, plus a few spares.

Now I'm in a bit of a quandry. It would be nice to have some 'specials' - cyber leaders, emperor daleks, perhaps a few of other races, etc. That means, really, Black Tree Designs.  The problem with Black Tree Designs is their reputation...  For example this.  And this.   Problems seem to go way back... So my dilemma. Do I risk an order, or do I give it a miss?

Update on this - decided to put in an order and see what happens. I'll let you know when (if?) it arrives...

8 comments:

  1. You are fairly cranking miniatures out at the moment, the cybermen look grand and nice to see a good size collection of them. I know what you mean about BTD, I used them years ago and had no problem but not too sure if I would use them now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In production (and cost) terms this lot definitely come under the heading of low hanging fruit.

      Delete
  2. I placed a few orders with BTD no issues at all. Then they let me down with an order for months. Eventually had to claim money back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not looking promising, is it?

      Delete
    2. Well if you put a test order in and use PayPal wouldn't be any risk.

      Delete
  3. These certainly look intimidating Rob…
    Maybe you would be quicker converting your ‘specials’…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably. It's likely I'll try a small order though, then convert if that doesn't work out.

      Delete