Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Saturday 10 February 2024

Some PEC4 conversions

 

One of the reasons I like older Old School figures is that they are generally easier to convert into other figures. If the original Garrison range had been super detailed there's no way I would have converted as many figures as I have. 

The front figure is the original PEC4 with spear, shield and bow in case. My initial wish was for shieldless cavalry. Firstly, javelin armed, secondly bow armed. Useful for later Persian cavalry. Strangely, I did do a shieldless  javelin/bow armed figure to act as Bactrians; for some reason never made it into a production mould. For Bactrians, I simply use a mix of the javelin armed and bow armed cavalry.

Give the bow armed figure a cloak and it became a Caspian or Paricanian. With these four figures I can effectively field/represent any combination of Persian light cavalry.

Of course, bend the left foot forward and stick it on a base... Front figure I use as Kardaka - don't know why I didn't do a version without the bowcase, for my purposes not worried. 

Meanwhile the cloaked figure acts as a Caspian, both have other uses though - gives me a couple of decent variations.

So that's 6 simple conversions of the basic PEC4 with others possible. All of them are more useful than the original figure!

6 comments:

  1. Basic conversions they may be but the work very well and give a good bit of variety to your army.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do. I keep looking at my conversions and think 'Why didn't G&B do these originally?'

      Delete
  2. A nice mix of new figures from the same donor…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Garrison have a lot of useful donors.

      Delete
  3. Likewise, I sometimes prefer the more impressionistic, less detailed, style of old figures as if the detail's not sculpted on you don't have to paint it! Unless you want to...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's face it, most straps to scale are a coat of paint thick anyway!

      Delete