Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Friday 16 February 2024

Greek heavy cavalry

This lot had been sitting around undercoated for ages, so it seemed reasonable to get round to painting them.

Usual paint job, though I have gone back to black outline on things like reins - haven't been doing that recently.

I've also kept up the plain basing rather than on a textured background. Much easier to do...

As an aside/update - I've mentioned that I put in a trial order from Black Tree on the 6th, 10 days ago. Haven't heard anything back from them yet, so couple of days ago sent ant an email 'Is there an ETA for these?' - so far no reply. Normally I wouldn't have done this, it's just that this is a test order and I admit I'm testing them to a degree so...

6 comments:

  1. Lovely unit there Rob - I do like those Garrison horses they are so full of life! I'm basing my close-fighting cavalry units on twelves - as here - it's enough to paint at one go and looks right whether it's in column, line or double line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to go for 12/24/48 depending on troop type. Phalangites a bit different - base unit has to be 16, back in my active days I used 3 16 strong phalangite units as the basis of my Macedonian and Seleucid armies.

      Delete
  2. They are very nice, I like them a lot, cracking unit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Rob, Ive often thought that this particular horse was 'inspired' by the Airfix horse. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Garrison horses were always my favourites, far superior to either Minifigs or Hinchliffe.

      Delete