Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Friday 9 February 2024

The Scythians

The Scythians are one of those armies I feel I should be a bit bigger...
Most of the units date back to 2015, including the sparabara unit. Back then I did paint stripes on trousers. Look carefully and you'll see a few of the Warrior Persian Wars Range.

This unit is much more recent and are technically Sarmations. They're not really conversions - as far as I know the rider was never issued, I made them 1 piece figures to make casting easier.

I did a couple of different figures for this army, both unarmoured and armoured, but only got round to making one unit.

For some reason I haven't done much with the bowcases. The Scythians have a couple of variations, but I also use an unaltered Gallic archer - paint alone gives a reasonable result.

At some time I really must make an effort to upgrade this to make a full army. I have got a number of other conversions available for use including javelinmen.

12 comments:

  1. Well, a clash between Scythians and Persians would be vast and colourful at the very least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of the stories abot how Cyrus the Great met his end.

      Delete
  2. Another lovely colourful army, very nice figures, certainly worth upgrading them to a full army.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Keep meaning to do it, no idea why I haven't yet.

      Delete
  3. I must start a petition to bring back stripey trousers, they're a great look! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you get 100,000 signatures I promise it will be debated.

      Delete
  4. Very colourful indeed Rob…and some people think outrageous fashion started in the swinging 60’s…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete