Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 10 June 2024

More playtime things

 

As the current Alice and friends adventure has them going into the church, it seemed reasonable to do an interior for it.

However, doing the interior the same size as the exterior proved impractical...

Common wargames situation - using buildings that are a smaller scale than the figures is more practical for outside scenes, less practical once you cross the threshold.
 
So I've done a second interior more in line with the actual figure scale. I've still kept the square design but have added an extra row of pews and doubled the number of windows on the walls.

Should make life easier!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Actually the Tardis has cloisters and a bell.

      Delete
  2. An appropriate piece of Non Euclidean geometry….

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you say Rob, a common problem! I remember the first time I saw some of the new (at the time) fangled mdf buildings on my mates table....they looked ENORMOUS...but that is because every hobby, model railways as well as wargames, dramatically scales down buildings so we can fit more in! They are generally to scale with figures vertically, but the volume is massively reduced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Compromises have to be made - I can live with it. I need to get a few more 'rooms' done.

      Delete
  4. Those rooms look good. Going to use the same idea when I eventually do my Thistlewood game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the secret is to not worry all that how 'accuate' the inside is compared to the outside. Size is the obvious one, but others would include things like the number of windows there are.

      Delete