Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Saturday 31 August 2024

New moulds - Victorians and Amazons

 Moulds arrived from Pete quicker than expected and looking good. I've tried a test casting, all three worked well, so I'll just let them postcure for a week or four before I get some Amazons cast. 

VIC1 -14, seem OK.

VIC15-19 plus some AD figures that weren't previously on a mould. Not certain VIC17s gun will cast as well as I would like, but otherwise fine.

Amazon mould, including a Byzantine standard bearer needed for a later intended Byzantine mould. They seemed to have worked OK and I've included an Enchantress and fan bearer to act as officer and standard bearer.Cavalry figure and the alternative pose spearwoman came out but of course there's only one of each on the mould. I might put more of these on any future S&S mould if I do any more.


4 comments:

  1. Quick turn around and they look as if they will cast well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting seeing the whole process. I did mean to send you some plastic amazon figures. Maybe you could do a cut and shunt with them to give more options.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think this lot just about finishes the converting and mould making side - might put the cavalry and second spearperson as a 2 or 3 on a future mould to make life easier for casting larger numbers, but probably not worth it. Quite simply, this lot will enable me to cover every figure type for my Amazon army, and the project was always a personal project anyway.

      Delete