Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Tuesday 29 October 2019

Interim Assyrians...

Finished painting the tin plate chariots but ran out of sand coloured filler for the base - so figures put to one side unassembled.

Meanwhile, I got on with filling a gap in my S Range Assyrians - light archers.

The figure itself is, I think, the one listed as a Carthaginian archer. Over the years I've picked up enough of these figures to make two 12 man units.

Continuing with getting back into painting I thought - it's been a while since I've painted any Greek hoplites and can't have too many G3s...

6 comments:

  1. Lovely to see these as always - some classics there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My take is that I prefer the Minifigs S Range for Assyrians and Egyptians, Garrison for Greeks and a bit of both for Persians.

      Delete
  2. Hi Rob,

    I am currently disposing of the collection of a deceased wargamer and there is modest selection of early Minifigs Ancient Indian infantry (no chariots or elephants but there is a cavalry unit) and some other bits and pieces. Happy to share some pictures and the whole lot would be going cheap. My email is roguejedi@btinternet.com so drop me a line if intersted.

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to post pictures for you but not in the market for them myself - when I bought Harry's Indians he said that he would throw in a few unpainted figures - his idea of a few was about 4-500...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendid figures Rob - I really like the colour scheme for the chariots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - it was about my third version/attempt/design in trying to get it to look right!

      Delete