Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 19 September 2022

Rest in Peace Your Majesty.

 I was born between the death of King George VIth and the Queen's Coronation. So my life has covered virtually her entire reign. So I thought, just as the 'live' armies can Parade in her honour, why shouldn't their metal counterparts? OK, my armies are from the time of an earlier Queen. They were both great Queens...

Not all of the 42mm Home Army made it to the Parade, but a Guards Brigade, Scots Brigade, Line Brigade, a Brigade of Guard Heavy Cavalry, Brigade of Line Cavalry and 4.7" Gun Battery make for a decent turnout.

The 25mm Colonial force was in the process of being painted when her Majesty died. As such, it's a very much reduced force - a couple of battalions, couple of squadrons and 4 guns. I would have preferred to have been able to field more.


4 comments: