Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Sunday 25 September 2022

Some Russians

 When sorting the Parade it was obvious a few 42mm figures needed some remedial work and bases completed. So I thought I would take some time out to do the necessary work.

So for some reason I finished up painting a bunch of Russians from scratch...

So this lot are Irregular Miniatures figures painted as Guards in summer dress. The flag is my version of a Napoleonic Litov Guards Regiment flag - it serves it's purpose!

They join this lot I got off ebay a few years ago. At current current prices, this lot alone were worth the cost!

Also from that ebay order, I've completed/touched up these guns - they do have 6 crew but 3 seem to have gone awol for a while! The guns were simply given a quick spray and detailing - not all of the earlier paintwork is covered but to me it just makes the overall effect look better!

Meanwhile, I've started another company/battalion/regiment of Guards - this one won't include a standard, don't think I really every group of 8 to have a standard!

4 comments:

  1. The flag certainly does the job, suitably Russian looking....they have reverted to this style in the post Soviet era too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. The only issue I have with these figures is that the rifles are very thin and delicate.

      Delete