Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Friday 23 September 2022

25mm Napoleonic Horse Guards

When the Queen died I was actually at Centre Parcs on a week's holiday. Getting home, I decided to see what I could put together as a reasonable parade or two for the funeral. A squadron of Guard cavalry in dress uniform seemed like a good idea - except, didn't have any figures. So I settled for a squadron of Napoleonic Horse Guards.

Just didn't realise how long they would take, especially considering the other units I needed to do. So they didn't get finished in time.

A pity really. The poses really lend themselves to parades!

Didn't realise until it was too late that I was painting an extra officer figure... but it still looks OK.

I'm the first to accept some of the colours are liable to be wrong, especially on the horse furniture, but overall the figures have turned out OK. Unless I do more figures as 'They'll do' stand ins for late Colonial cavalry this will probably be the only 25mm Garrison Napoleonic cavalry unit I do!

6 comments: