Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Sunday 19 February 2023

A couple of griffins.

In one of my shotgun periods. I've undercoated a couple of units of Burgundians, getting round to finish some Nemidian knights in a vaguely Tuetonic Knights scheme, got some Turanian cavalry undercoated, and finished a couple of griffins for my Cataplanan army, plus there's a couple more griffins cast and ready....

I'm trying out different colour schems on these. I've never been sure how to paint things like this!

A bird's eye view seems appropriate for these!

Of the current two, I prefer the lighter brown. The grey head and inner wings were originally going to be white but it didn't look right! I think it's pretty obvious that decorating bases is not one of my strong points.

4 comments:

  1. What's wrong with the bases??

    I'm trying to remember, have you done any airborne griffins yet? (eg bases removed and the beast mounted on a perspex rod stuck in a weighted base??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't done any airborne griffins - really, for my purposes, I'm quite happy with ground based ones. As for the bases, I don't think I'm ever happy with the things!

      Delete
  2. Well there’s a blast from the past Rob…
    I had a flight of three… mine were all painted a golden brown .

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A yellowish brown or sand body are a couple of the options I'll try. Unless I go down the super detailing path they are quick to paint.

      Delete