Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Saturday 25 February 2023

Nimidian/Teutonic knights

 Finished repairing the damage...

The original idea of this lot was to be the basis for a DBA Teutonic knights army or HoTT Nimidian army. As such, each element represented a unit so I gave each element it's own standard. Today, my intended use would be as a military or religious order unit within the army of Cataplana. Current intention (which means it will never happen) would include spearmen and archers as well, the final plan being three contingents - basically one white surcoats/standards/shields, one black and one red.

The figures were originally done as being simply drybushed white over a black undercoat.

The 'general/king element included, as usual for all of these armies, the Western King (on a Nimidian horse) and Aquilonian mounted standard bearer,  Being fantasy armies, I've never considered minor differences between these two figures enough to prevent them joining other armies! Actually if I ever got round to a traditional Medieval army I would use them there as well!

6 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh - nice, nice, nice. Very nice Rob.
    I’ll be using these same castings for my HotT Nemidians too (effectively pseudo Teutonic Knights). Hopefully the might of Aquilonia will be able to keep them at bay.
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And after Cataplana and Vanha there's always Stygia.

      Delete
  2. These chaps look like they certainly mean business . I do like the figure with the crown.
    Alan Gruber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always thought of these as good wargaming figures. More modern figures I usually prefer as skirmish figures - too much detail for a start. Take too long to paint for the mass army effect.

      Delete
  3. Lovely stuff, the bare chaps do have a Teutonic feel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the paint scheme just seems so right for them.

    ReplyDelete