Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Friday 24 February 2023

Decisions, Decisions...

OK, so I'm in a dialogue with David Wood and he asks me if it would be possible to have some of the Cartoon Gauls. Anyway, cut a long story short I cast some and sent them off.

I've always quite liked the Romans in the Range, so I decided to cast a load of these for myself.

Dave said 'Let me know what I owe you (or if you want Little Soldier Company stuff.' - so naturally my answer was 'The idea of Alice, a dodo and a few of their friends sounds good thanks!' This lot arrived, which was really about the most I was expecting (and would have been very happy with!)...

Except these were also in the package...

And these...

And these...

If anyone wants to obtain any of these figures - they are really really good and you can get them from The Little Soldier Company. Thanks Dave, this lot really went above and beyond!

The decisions bit? Firstly, I've got those Nimidians to get finished, plus a unit of Turanian cavalry to join my Vanha army. Then there's all the Chinese and Russians I bought from Jacklex. Then there's all this lot Romans and Alice in Gerunderland. Plus I'll pass some of the Alice figures to Steven - he'll paint them better than I can anyway. He's not getting Alice, the dodo, Cheshire Cat, the hookah smoking caterpillar or Red Queen, other than that...

So, what do I paint and in what order?

Decisions, decisions!

12 comments:

  1. The Romans are terrific fun, full of character and potential. Looking forward to seeing them painted up…
    Alan Tradgardland
    Cool,Alice stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both excellent fun ranges - well, the Romans are in the Cartoon Gauls range, as are the two main characters, generally not as impressed with the rank and file Gauls. As for Alice, I have to admit I had been thinking about them anyway, just too much else going on!

      Delete
  2. A find and eccentric collection of new toys Rob…
    I look forward to seeing them painted…
    As to what you should paint first… I would go for the weirdest.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weirdest? Between the Romans and Alice I think it's probably a draw!

      Delete
  3. The playing cards from the Alice in Wonderland range are the ones screaming out to me for painting... going to pop to the LSC and see how much they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. £3.95 each. The Red Queen is a must!

      Delete
    2. I actually painted up a couple as Pokemon and Magic the Gathering cards. Great fun!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the minis Rob. Love them to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like a mutually beneficial swap...love the Noggn the Nog figures, I vaguely remember the stories from just before the six o'clock news from the BBC ....possibly late sixties/early seventies. Also Captian Pugwash and what was the Welsh one with Jones the Steam and Idris the Fire Dragon??! (They were somewhat later though) I am sure there would be a market for Thisbe figures, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember them all, started in 1959 and it seems you can still buy it on DVD.

      Delete
    2. There is a pirate captain that is ... er... quite familiar... https://thelittlesoldiercompany.co.uk/product/the-captain

      Delete