Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Wednesday 22 February 2023

The office furniture

More for completeness really...

Some items in the S&S Range are 'better' than others. Personally, I've always put these in the 'others' category.

 
SS117 A chair. This is the most usefull of the three, but it has rather peg like legs I don't like.

SS118 A bed. Not really all that bad, but very limited. It would have been a lot more useful without the sword, shield and hemet!

SS141 A shelf unit. OK, the last two weren't really that bad but this... OK, where do I start? It is mis-shapen. Deep undercuts make it very difficult to get out of the mould without using a screwdriver to prise it out. These undercuts also mean you can't paint parts of it. I'm not even sure what some of the things on the shelves are! G&B/Garrison was originally going to issue this piece with the code SS116 - it's carved on the back. In the event, it was coded but never issued.

2 comments:

  1. Fun items, l like them.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's one of those personal opinion times. The chair and bed OK, not the shelving unit for me. For me, they don't seem to 'fit' with the rest of the range.

      Delete