Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 6 March 2023

It wasn't my fault...

Minifigs 'S' Range or very early Persian chariots. How could I resist?
They came with some of the generic chariot horses. Should have a few more lying around to make up the numbers.

The buy included these horses. Don't recognise them - they had H7 on the base, no idea who the manufacturer was! Might use them for an Egyptian general's chariot.

There were a few other pieces in the box, little of use. A couple of the pieces may be from the same chariot as those two horses, not sure.

So anyway, the figures are now in Dettol, so it gives me some time to decide what I want to do with them!

12 comments:

  1. An extra five chariots, how could you resist, indeed! Looking forward to seeing how they look when you have rennovated them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid addition to your forces, excellent.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would add the word 'potential' in front of addition!

      Delete
  3. Looking at the H7 horses, I'd guess they were Lamming from the general form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. General form I'd agree, but can't find it in any Lamming references and it just doesn't feel like a Lamming figure.

      Delete
    2. Hello Rob, the H7 horses look to be the same as I have with my Lamming Indian chariots, down to the braided or ribboned (?) manes. Regards, Nick

      Delete
    3. Then I'll take that as right then, thanks.

      Delete
  4. One can never have enough chariots!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I know well, a sentiment you fully agree with.

      Delete
  5. Chariots are good. Nice chariots. But those extra horses ... and wheels! You can never have too many of either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horses and wheels never a problem - happily, Garrison products can always fill in! If I was to go with Indian chariots I would probably use 25mm ACW Artillery wheels, Persian I could use either the Garrison 25mm Persian chariot wheels or Assyrian chariot wheels. As for horses, got a load of generic chariot horses from Harry, haven't sorted them yet but should have enough for most uses.

      Delete