Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Thursday 23 March 2023

Zombie

 The latest from Steven

Here are photos of a zombie I finished painting a short while ago. It is a toy I was given a
couple of Christmases ago by my neighbours. At 110 mm, it is easily the largest figure I have
ever painted. Sounds like it should be easier, but it came with its own set of challenges. He
has come out a bit dark, but certainly looks menacing.


Some work-in-progress photos are below. He had articulated joints to make him poseable, so I glued them into position and filled the gaps with green stuff. I also added a few bits such as part of the t-shirt on one shoulder, and pockets on his jeans, which were inexplicably missing.

I wanted the base to be more urban for a change. Since just plain grey for tarmac would be boring, I added a kerb (modelled after the kerb opposite my house), a newspaper and a crushed coke can. The latter was made from 2/3 of a 15mm Baueda fuel drum cut in half, filed down and the crushed middle modelled from green stuff.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment