Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Wednesday 15 March 2023

Coming home

 

The brilliant light far out at sea could be seen as far inland as the docks in Newhaven.

Soon after a vessel was seen sailing up the river...crew seen to be frantically trying to clean it up a bit before docking!

People started to gather upon hearing rumours it was the SS Lovecraft, presumed lost at sea over three years before...

As the identity of the Lovecraft was confirmed the crowd starts to get bigger.

The crew were met by a sizeable crowd when it docked... including a lot of excited friends and relatives...

Few notes on Rent-a-Crowd: Bought over 3 years ago, cheap 'painted' architectural models acquired for just this sort of scenarion. I repainted and based them (plus added a few Airfix Civilians from the 60s or 70s!) because the originals were too badly painted even for this use. I painted them all with basic flesh skin tones then thought 'Perhaps I should put a couple of non white people in this'. Then I looked up ethnic compositions....  If Newhaven is considered to be in Maine, Population 93.68% white.  If Scotland, population 96.02% white , if Norfolk (UK!) 97% white, Northumberland  97.6%. So, basically, I'll continue painting my pulp figures as white!

I feel that I needed to tie up this particular thread... but if I get round to it there could be a 'Tales of the Lovecraft' to fill in part of those 3 years!

4 comments:

  1. I wonder wha the mystery of SS Lovecraft will turn out to be.....? I like the idea of the cheap architectural civilians, it's something I have also considered occasionally, although I have not done it as yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They work out at about 5-10p each and are great scene fillers.

      Delete
  2. I love the look of these..."panels" I'm tempted to say.

    But....with 3-6% of the pop, surely there should be 1 or 2 non whites in a crowd of 30+ Surely one wants one's scifi/horror to be realistic? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite right, but + or - 1 or 2 would be well wthin statistical error. Especially as many of the crowd would be related to the crew and therefore statistically white. Comes under the 'You can prove anything with statistics' thing :)

      Delete