Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Thursday 20 April 2023

Still working on it.

A few sections have been finished and initially sprayed grey. The colour looks reasonable so it will probably be kept.

However, the brick/stone work is taking an age!

I'm using a biro for running with the grain but this monster for the cross grain cuts. It's heavy and awkward but anything lighter tends to skip.

The problem with balsa is that sometimes it shreds or flakes when you cut it - difficult to sand and the ends refuse to go smooth. Hence some of the parts need copious use of liquid green stuff to give a workable surface!


9 comments:

  1. Looking good Rob…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. Though when I'm sitting there with my engraver I have to keep reminding myself how much the setup would have cost in resin!

      Delete
  2. Feeling a bit guilty here, but that breakwater is looking really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work on the harbour and sea walls Greg!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or Rob even! I should not comment on a Sunday night after six hours drinking with friends!

    ReplyDelete