Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Tuesday 28 November 2023

Some spare figures...

 ...that were lying around, so I painted them.

To be fair, I've got quite a few of these painted up already. J/Bw/Sh armed figures used to be the mainstay of my Persian armies in the 70s.

Although bow armed, and should therefore be on Bw bases, I'm treating them as  line spearmen and put them on Sp bases. When you play solo games it doesn't matter anyway.

Very simple, quick paintwork - more of an aside rather than a fully fledged attempt!


5 comments:

  1. I had thought you had more Hoplites than you'd ever need but seeing the way more Persians keep popping up I could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more there are, the less the details matter. "Sire, there is a large dust cloud approaching!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should help to bulk the army out quite well.

      Delete
  3. If 24 figures are just the spares, I imagine the army must be quite substantial - in the tradition of its historical prototype! They make a handsome unit. I've been starting on my own Kardakes, but being for DBA there are only 8 of them..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I cast figures, I always have a load of other figures on that mould that weren't needed at the time. The 20mm Greeks and Persians tended to be kept. I knew that they would get used eventually...

      Delete