Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 18 December 2023

Building up the vehicle park


I'm currently scouring ebay for cheapish vehicles for pulp scenarios. This lot are from my latest purchase.

It was supposed to have 2 complete M40s; instead I got 3 hulls and 1 gun! Might have to make a couple of guns.
Plus a few items of less use. The gun I could probably sort the wheels out. Anyway, all this lot worked out at £9.70 in total, so don't mind a few things that are basically useless!

The M113 looks the same size as the Airfix one in the photo. It's actually a bit longer, slightly longer and a lot wider!
I'm starting to build up a nice collection of Airfix polythene Centurions. I might see what one looks like if I paint it grey like that  balsa WW1 tank I did a while back. 

Update to this:

Just come off ebay - got this lot for £17.50 including postage...


6 comments:

  1. All manner of usefully adaptable stuff there! The Tiger looks salvageable, if you can bore holes where the gun broke off and insert some modelling wire. And the boat looks interesting...
    Cheers,
    Ion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simply not worth doing. Already have plenty of Tigers, apart from the broken gun this one has a couple of broken road wheels and no tracks. Road wheels might be useful though...

      Delete
  2. Lots of useful stuff there Rob…
    If nothing else you can have some nice burnt out wrecks.
    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. After all, it's what I did when Davros went wrong.

      Delete
  3. Those saladins are always handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look to be more 28mm rather than 20mm, so should fit in nicely with the Crooked Dice figures.

      Delete