Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 11 December 2023

'S' Range Persian spears

This unit was a 40 strong unit bought from Harry. To fit my systems I've increased the size to 48 figures and included an extra officer and standard bearer - both Garrison - so it could double as two 24 figure units. One thing I couldn't quite match was the shield colour - so the shields on the extras might have to be repainted at some stage. Although actually Medes, not Persians, these figures were coded as Persians by Minifigs.

Other than painting extra figures and a minor repair on the original standard bearer the figures have just been rebased.

In common with many other 'S' Range figures there are two different variants.


8 comments:

  1. These are very nice…
    I’ve always liked the Minifigs Greek and Persian Wars figures…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I much prefer a lot of their earlier figures over the late versions of the various PB, IR, etc Ranges!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous Rob. Its a cracking figure and with the varnish it looks even better. Another one on my wish list when you decide to sell them to me. Just joking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really a joke - at some time in the next year or so it's the sort of thing I need to seriously think about.

      Delete
  3. Great stuff - lovely to see a nice big unit (or two) of these golden oldies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, though I have to admit painting smaller units is easier. So I'm glad that Harry did the hard part.

      Delete
  4. Love to see a nice big unit. The blue tiara and yellow shield really works.

    ReplyDelete