Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Wednesday 27 December 2023

Latest arrivals

The last purchase of Dinky. etc, vehicles has arrived...

 
They are in several different scales - one disadvantage of buying job lots of the things. On the other hand, my habit of getting stuff over several scales gets rid of that problem! The 'new' Centurion should be a better fit for 28mm+ models.

One problem with a lot of these (though not with the new ones!) is the fact that a lot of the tyres are missing or perished. There's also the fact I haven't found a colour I like to paint them.

To try and solve the tyres issue, my first attempt with be by simply seeing if wrapping 3mm foam rubber seal weather strip around the rim will act as replacement tyres. Some ordered, due tomorrow. If it works you can get a lot of tyres out of a 1 metre roll. Won't be perfect, but if it looks OK I'll be happy.


3 comments:

  1. Replacement tyres seem to be available on eBay - apparently reproductions are still made. Question of looking up the collectors sites to find the right diameters for the military vehicles, I suspect.
    In terms of scales, I think the Dinky's were nominally 1/60, so would sort of fit with 28mm. I'd guess the two Crescent Saracens are maybe 1/43 or 1/48. The Crescent 25pdr was something like 1/32.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, never even thought about that... feeling a bit silly now...

      Delete
  2. Whoops. Crescent Saladins. Apologies.

    ReplyDelete