Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Tuesday 19 December 2023

Still building...

 
I seem to be bidding on and getting rather more job lots than I expected - 3 auctions won out of 4 I put bids on, 2 of those being for the minimum starting bid. Add to that the 2 lots previously described - 17 useable vehicles for £27.30, £1.60 per vehicle.

As delivery for these won't be until after Christmas I thought I'd just put the auction pictures on as a 'taster'.

This little lot cost £23.15 inclusive of P&P.  13 items, so £1.78 per item. At least 8 items are of immediate use, so £2.89 per useful item. My target is to keep the average below £4 per item. Still a few vehicles I would like - couple of 20mm Saladins would be nice, plus a couple more Dingos.

The next two were by the same seller and totalled £33.90. 17 items, all of which seem to be useable, so £1.99 per item. I think I can safely say tanks and artillery are up to strength!


So £57.05 at least 25 of which I have an immediate use for. Obviously, quality is low, but paying £2 per item for useable wargames vehicles is a lot better than a minimum of £5 or so for better quality stuff that wouldn't be any better for the job. 

Personal conclusions are that I'm building up a nice collection of useable vehicles for a very reasonable price.

2 comments:

  1. They just keep coming…
    The Hovercraft looks interesting….

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far about 40 vehicles at around £2 each - my first order for figures from Crooked Dice was more than that. OK, so some are not in good condition - got enough in the spares box to cope so it's all looking good.

      Delete