Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Saturday 23 December 2023

Possible colour schemes

 

Although my painting desk is unavailable, my spray booth(!) is still available. So I've quickly done some test spraying.

The original scheme I used was US Olive Drab. Not really happy with this for Centurions...

British WW2 Armour. Didn't realise I had this when I did the previous tank. It still needs another coat - not sure why it originally had German markings, that's hidden in prehistory.

And of course the wolf grey... in terms of pure looks my favourite, but as an option, not sure; even I don't know how I could justify it.

What I don't have is a colour that matches any of this lot. That, of course, should be the ideal choice. Probably like the Daimler in the bottom left corner. Suggestions anyone?


6 comments:

  1. I would agree with you for 1970's armour Rob - the dark green (might be called Bronze Green??) would be good - you could add black camo stripes too, if going for a BAOR/NATO look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The effect I'm looking for is pulp armies/forces rather than historical. That's one reason I like the idea of the blue. I don't want black stripes, much prefer a single colour. What I will probably finish up doung is the 'logical' answer - WW2 armour for British tanks, Olive Drab for US equipment, then the US forces can act as the 'enemy' if needed. Or just use Russian troops with American tanks if appropriate. After all, American tanks are OK for Hollywood, and Hollywood is pretty much the effect I'm looking for anyway. Still want some things painted blue. Could say they are UN tanks painted blue to avoid confusion with National troops of course...

      Delete
  2. There are several Bronze Greens available. I think the mid-Bronze Green is probably best to capture the Dinky spirit. The Moke was always a different, darker, shade. I recall mine came with a parachute for airborne operations. Happy days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment I'm spraying them 'WWII British' - but until I start adding detail I can keep adding extra layers of paint :)

      Delete
  3. I suppose you could use the grey scheme as a variation of the Berlin Brigade colours…
    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possible... but with just the blue/grey compnent:) - I'm thinking of calling it as just a UN colour instead of white. That would fit in with it being a pulp version.

      Delete