Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Sunday 18 August 2019

The Other Partizan 2019 - A family day out.

An interesting day. Must admit, I prefer Partizan to Salute. It's smaller, but that's not always a bad thing.

Today's visit proved.... unusual. Mainly because of the involvement of my wife Sandra. Last time she played a wargame was a very long time ago, usually when the club was a player short at a competition and we needed a player for the point!

Today, she played 3 games!

Not only that, she also went on a spending spree for boardgames and outspent both myself and our son Steven!

So the first post is about family Young and their day - later I'll do the purchases and pictures of some of the other games.
Steven's first game - Dutch versus German WW2.

He played the Dutch player and won by forcing the Germans into a ditch then quietly shooting them down.


Sandra got interested in a game ('The Great Tickling Contest') that seems to involve finger puppets tickling each other and making them giggle. This picture demonstrates why I don't really like getting my picture taken.

That's Richard in the from RAF Cranwell Wargames Club who ran the game. They also had a game called 'Cadet Commander'. Sandra beat me on the Tickling Contest, but I beat her on Cadet Commander. She also lost to Steven in the Tickling Game. I have Richard's permission to post the rules, etc, on my blog and will try to get them on the Pages part tomorrow.

Of course, being a Discworld fan Steven also had a go at the Witch Racing game run by Grantham Strategy Club/Rapier Miniatures.

And a jolly time was had by all...

Sandra's Comments

Although I don't usually get involved in the games, today I found a couple of games that I thoroughly enjoyed and became a kid again.

Steven's Comments

Good fun, and less overwhelming than Salute. Good to get Mum involved. Also bought a great white shark which I look forward to painting up.








8 comments:

  1. Looks like an excellent day was had by all! What did Sandra buy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The family that plays together.... looks like an enjoyable outing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a grand day out. Nice to put a face to the name too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A most enjoyable post and great to see you all have such a great day.

    ReplyDelete