Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Thursday 7 March 2024

Playtime?

 

First thing is playing around with the Amazons. So I'm trying out giving them a charot. The Queen by herself in a Stygian chariot.This is my first thought - might try Persian chariot horses later. Next a rank and file chariot. This lot  should give the Amazons a useful cavalry force.

Getting back to mould replenishment. Persian infantry and  the Medieval Scottish infantry. Should make life easier in the future - apart from anything else I'm putting the archer from the chariot on a production mould in it's own right - it deserves more than just appearing in chariots. Likewise, I've also included the armoured Greek archer with them - recently found out I didn't have the figure on a 9" mould, just the 12" moulds that are too big for  my Tiranti spincaster.

Tiranti has a new owner, Pottercrafts, but still have their own site. So this is my first order since the take over - delivery rapid and no problems. I don't like Tiranti moulds - they break too easily - but can be useful for producing a few masters. Plus I'll do a drop casting mould for the dragon which I can't currently cast - it's on 12" moulds and won't fit on a 9" mould. Some messy times ahead for me.

Never tried Chavant to embed the masters in - bought some of the softer type. 

So got a few things to get on with over the next few weeks...

6 comments:

  1. Those Amazon chariots are superb! :-) And the Dragon coming back? Put me down for one, regardless of cost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dragon may come back... got to make the mould first, and then it has to work! Pity really - Pete Brown not happy about trying to cast my old 12" moulds, if he had then he's got the dragon mould and I would already have four of the things!

      Delete
  2. Busy times ahead, the chariots look the part, very nice, they should look great when painted up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Messy rather than busy... might also give me an incentive to start the Stygian and Amazon armies I first intended to do in the 90s!

      Delete
  3. Those chariots really do look the part. And medieval Scots you say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pikes were not on a good mould and as for the Scot with Lochaber axe... So I'm having a production mould made with ME16,17,19 and 21 on - which covers the Garrison Medieval Scots range. Allowing Pete to make thewm and a reasonable time for the moulds to post cure they should ber reasonable in about 3 months,

      Delete