Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 11 March 2024

Reply/Update from Black Tree...

Follow up re my Black Tree order.

 'Hi Rob,

I understand your concerns.

Your order is in transit to Cornwall and will arrive soon. Unfortunately DHL have screwed up and shipment was delayed and was then missent to Germany. I have the confirmation that they are sending the shipment to the UK right away. We will have your order shipped to you immediately it arrives.

Sorry for the troubles.

Cheers, John'


First contact after three emails from me over the last few weeks... my last one being three days ago 'As you will appreciate, I am getting a bit concerned...' - original order was placed on 6th February. But at least I have had a reply.

As I recall, the following has been on their website from around the time I placed the order and it is still there:

' Recently our main shipping provider for international orders misplaced and failed to scan a large multi shipment, because of this several orders were delayed much longer then we’d ever like and for that we sincerely apologize, we were as much in the dark as you due to this and never want to disappoint with delayed orders.

Thankfully said package was located and tracking updated, all orders are en route! If you have any questions of concerns please reach out to us at the listed email below, we’re working over time to address all queries and thank you for your patience.'

Anyway, we'll see what happens.

6 comments:

  1. I stopped ordering from BTD USA several years back under very similar circumstances. I had to engage PayPal to get a refund. I hope your order arrives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect it to eventually. Their excuses over a long period of time don't hold water and, as you've just confirmed, costs them sales - don't know how they are still in business. The order I put in was just for £39. If they had a decent reputation it would have £100. If it arrives I'll probably send in another small order. If it had arrived prompltly - well, let's say they are in my 'filling in gaps' book rather than 'major orders' - it's going to cost them a couple of hundred or more overall from me over the next 12 months.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, all I have ever heard about BTD is how bad they are! I am in the fright industry and deal with DHL on a daily basis and I find it unlikely they are to blame for any major delays - a few days maybe, but not the level BTD are inferring here....good luck with your outstanding order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, not when they seem to have lost your order before you made it...

      Delete
  3. Unfortunately they have some excellent ranges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is indeed the problem! They have a lot of figures over a few ranges that, if they had proved reliable, would have found a ready buyer here!

      Delete