Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Saturday 30 July 2022

Refurbishing an ironclad/battleship

 

Having previously put this in the 'failure but might use in future' category, I thought: Why not look at it now.

So, couple of minor repairs and new paint scheme, including painted portholes..

Also gave it 'new' decking.

Overall result acceptable and useable rather than good. Might stick some QF guns at the corners of the 'bridge' - but that is very much 'might'.

So a potentially useful addition - certainly looks better than it did!

4 comments:

  1. Always good to have some "Big Guns" ready to hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, I made a load of turrets then stopped - any I want now tend to be ones thatthat I've taken from another ship! Should make more turrets and 6lb QF guns - it's quicker making them in bulk rather than when I want them. Next vessel I'm thinking about probably not a warship - I'm thinking about how to make reasonable but easy paddle steamers!

      Delete