Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Wednesday 9 August 2023

Short intermission - new arrivals

As I mentioned earlier, there were other things ordered, these all arrived tday:

Firstly, a farmhouse and barn. Always useful for country scenes.

Next, another row of houses. There is really no limit to how many of these I could use :(  I'll probably do a downsized version of my card models to make up the numbers. These buildings make a useful template. The only other building I would put down as a 'need' would be a church (or two with different designs - one to act as a Christian church of some type, the other as a 'Church of Dagon.' (Confession: this is just one of my 'original' ones to save getting the new one out of the box.)

Finally, more of the Monster Army figures. This lot were an even better deal than my first lot - 60 figures for £12.39, so  a bit over 20p each compared to 55p for the last lot! This gives me enough Silarians to use plus ups my Cybermen to 2 16 figure units - I feel that, against, say, Daleks about 5,000,000 would be needed, I think that might be excessive so long term I'll aim for 3 16 man units!

So I'm getting there.

8 comments:

  1. You are certainly building up your real estate portfolio…

    All the best Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but I'm worried about when I have to convert all of the things to use ground source heat pumps. Seriously though, I do seem to go overboard sometimes.

      Delete
  2. I have a bunch of those DR Who magazines somewhere... bought for a project that (surprisingly for me!) never started...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weirdly I never ought the Dr Who magazine. Likewise, never bought any of the audio books. Though I did succumb to a job lot of 72 paperbacks...

      Delete
  3. I'm looking forward to the full length video of the invasion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, about that... There have been a few copyright complications.

      Delete
  4. Another great batch of additions Rob!

    ReplyDelete