Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Wednesday 30 August 2023

The Herd

Not sure whether this lot owes more to Lovecraft or Pepperland but they seem to be potentially useful background inhabitants of a dreamscape or alternate dimension.

There are two types of these, painted in as garish a fashion I could think of. I was going to add spots, stripes and (possibly) checks but...

Still got these undercoated and ready for their blitzpaint.

Plus these that have been degreased...

And I've still got some more soldiers to get finished - the two spray coats will do for the uniforms and the rest will be blitzpainted.

 Blitzpainting is my new word. It feels right to describe quickly painting figures to the minimum standard to be be able to do the job! Think I'll be using it a lot in future.

6 comments:

  1. I love the herd. They look so cute that one might not be afraid as they trot up to you....at which point they might be as friendly and playful as they look ......or not!

    It seem to me that the simple painting brings to mind comic books and old SciFi/Horror films and thus makes it "real".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the word is psychodelic. For unearthly dimensions the choice of style seems appropriate.

      Delete
  2. The colors you chose for the herd are perfect!

    They remind me of something from Adventure Time or Star vs the Forces of Evil, where things that are cute are often also dangerous - if only as a defense mechanism.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Cute things often turn out to be dangerous, not sure yet whether these will be.

      Delete
  3. There is certainly a high weirdness level going on there Rob…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That pretty much describes a lot of things I like/do. In fact, many, many years ago a friend was describing a record album to someone. The best way she could think to describe it was 'Oh, it's the kind of record Rob would like. You know - weird.'

      Delete