Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Lots of Greeks

Having already shown these:
G3, 'Hoplite with spear, Corinthian helmet crested'

I thought it might be an idea to include some of the others in the Garrison 20mm Range. I'm not showing Spartans, Thebans or Ionians - done them, will do them, part of Persian army. That last point I'll now wreck by including a unit of G2 used as Carians:

G3 used as Carians with Persian officer and 25mm G3 carrying a cock standard.

G2, 'Hoplite (for use with phalanx) with pike, Corinthian type helmet crested'

G16, 'Boeotian hoplite (for use with phalanx) and pike Boeotian helmet' -  these are actually Grant figures.
The next one is one I found with hand cut off at the wrist. I added a spear and released it, don't know if the original was ever releasedbut the description doesn't sound right!

G18, 'Hoplite with thigh and upper arm plates Thracian helmet crested' - don't think so, really, but the code was on the base. The shield pattern is the same pattern I used on my first Minifigs 'S' Range Greek unit and is in my old University colours.




4 comments:

  1. Thanks for finding the follower thingie bob.
    The G2 hopolites reminds me the figures I bought in the Toy Tub in the early 70s,sadly long gone.I wish I had them still...
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a quirky figure. The spear is quite fragile and the figure itself almost like a flat - looks good as a side view though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. That's the area I've always concentrated on - really, it's the bit you notice the most on armies as opposed to individuals.

      Delete